At Index Office Supplies we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers. The information we collect is only ever used for our own purposes. We will never pass any details to a third party unless it is strictly necessary (e.g. To a payment processor such as Sagepay). This notice details the information we collect, how we use it and how it is kept secure.
Our Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
Under the new data protection law starting in May 2018 we have a number of lawful reasons that we can use (or 'process') your personal information. For B2B accounts one of the lawful reasons is called 'legitimate interests'.
Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means that we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
So, what does this mean? When you provide your personal details to us we use your information for our legitimate business interests to carry out our work of servicing businesses throughout our territory. Before doing this, though, we will also carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
Some typical examples of when we might use the approach are for preventing fraud, direct marketing, maintaining the security of our systems, data analytics, enhancing, modifying or improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our campaigns and sales.
We will process the personal information you have supplied to us to conduct and manage our business to enable us to give you the most appropriate marketing, information, service and products and provide the best and most secure experience. These are what we consider to be our 'Legitimate Interests'.
The following are some examples of when and why we would use this approach in our work:
• Marketing: We will make best effort to ensure our marketing is tailored and relevant for you where-ever we deem you to be in the sales cycle.
• Process Orders: In order for us to process an order, payment has to be taken and contact information collected, such as name, delivery address and telephone number, provided. Both the buyer and seller would need to record the transaction.
• Your best interest: Processing your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
• Personalisation: Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers and prospects.
• Analytics: To process your personal information for the purposes of customer analysis, assessment, profiling and marketing, on a personalised or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information if this does not harm any of your rights and interests.
• Research: To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising and to develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you.
• Due Diligence: We may need to conduct investigations on supporters, potential customers and business partners to determine if those companies and individuals have been involved or convicted of offences such as fraud, bribery and corruption.
We will also hold information about you so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Remember, you can change the way you hear from us or withdraw your permission for us to process your personal details at any time by using our contact form on the 'Contact Us' page or by using our online Preference Centre.
Protecting Your Data
We understand the need to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented processes, both online and offline, to protect against this.
How Long is Data Held
Personal data is held only as long as it is required and may vary depending on the type of data and why we need it. Some data retention periods are governed by law.
If you register an online account with us we will hold that data indefinitely or until a request is received for it to be removed.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Joseph Lamy at email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 03681023.
Our registered office is Index Computer Supplies, 10 Stadium Business Court, Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HP
Our Trading address Is Index Office Supplies Ltd, 56 Radcliffe Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 5HH
You can contact us in writing at our trading address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone on 0800 1700197.